A recipe for a traditional peach cobbler, just like Grandma used to make.
Serve with fresh cream or ice-cream.
- 3 cups sliced peaches (canned)
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or oil a 2 quart baking dish.
- Spread sliced peaches in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar over the top of the peaches.
- Beat granulated sugar and softened butter together in a medium bowl until combined (use an electric hand-mixer if you have one).
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt, and mix to combine.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract, until it resembles a thick batter.
- Spread batter evenly over the tops of peaches in the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool before serving.